Thursday, July 29, 2010

48 Hours Read-A-Thon? I'm In, Are You?


I've always prided myself on being a reader. I love books. I love poking around in bookstores for something new or as yet undiscovered. But I've always pulled myself back from blowing through books because I feel like I'm missing something in the ride. Next thing you know, other stuff crops up and the books pile up and get forgotten.

Frustrated by my lack of quality reading time lately, I welcomed the idea of Unputdownables' 48 Hour Read-a-Thon. From Friday evening through Sunday, I will make the game attempt at reading some books from my crowded shelves. For my purposes, I'm going to attack my pile of hard-boiled/noir/crime/mystery shelves. They're feeling ignored lately. I've updated my "What I'm Reading" sidebar with the first five books on my list. Obviously I reserve the right to change and add as I go along. I may add non-crime books in my reading, but I'll talk about those mostly on Goodreads. If you friend me there, please tell me how you found me or how I know you.

If You’re In:

1. Choose a few books that you will attempt to finish this weekend (Friday evening through Sunday night).
2. Post your TBR Read-a-Thon books on your blog so your readers can see what you are attempting for the weekend.
3. Challenge your readers to read along with you! (It’s OK if they don’t, but might be fun if they want to choose at least one book to participate with).
4. Join the discussion all weekend long at #bookblogchat on Twitter.
5. Post updates on your blog about what you are reading and what you have finished (full reviews can come later, but this will let your readers know what you are reading so they can either read along or look forward to your reviews!)
6. Visit other blogs that are doing the read-a-long. Post comments and follow your fellow bloggers.
7. Make sure you sign up here with Mr. Linky with a link to your first post so we can follow your progress!
8. *If you don’t have a blog but want to participate: Sign up with Mr. Linky, just don’t add a website (or you can link to your Twitter or GoodReads page).*

3 comments:

Wallace said...

So glad you're joining in! Hopefully you will get some good reading time this weekend. looking forward to seeing what you end up getting through. :)

Angela Tolsma said...

Good Luck!!

Bahnree said...

Good luck! We're all mad here. ;)